By participating in the sport with USQ, players, officials, tournament/team staff, and coaches are representatives of the sport. As such, all participants assume responsibility for representing the sport in a positive manner. While participants are responsible for following the rules of the game on the field, off-field conduct can also create lasting impressions of the sport. Negative representation would damage the reputation of the sport, and so all participants should adhere to the following guidelines:
In accordance with applicable law, USQ prohibits sexual harassment and harassment because of actual or perceived sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, religious dress and grooming, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partnership status, medical condition, genetic tests and information, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition, breastfeeding or a related condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. All such harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Making unwelcome sexual verbal or physical advances that are sexual in nature, and engaging in any sexual contact or behavior without explicit consent, to or with any person at any time violates applicable law. Violators may be subject to suspension or expulsion from matches, entire seasons, or the league as a whole, and may also be reported to state law enforcement agencies.
US Quadball's complaint procedure provides for an immediate, thorough, and objective investigation of any claim of unlawful or prohibited harassment, appropriate disciplinary action against one found to have engaged in prohibited harassment, and appropriate remedies for any victim of harassment.
If you believe you have been harassed, or if you are aware of the harassment of others, you should provide a written or email complaint to the following as soon as possible:
By Reporting with Spot:
Spot is our anonymous incident reporting tool. Spot will help us surface issues early and manage them without compromising anonymity. A few things to know:
✅ No one will see what you chat with Spot about unless you decide to submit a report ✅ Spot may ask for your email address so it can act as a go-between ✅ No one at US Quadball, including leadership, can see that email address ✅ You can document issues that involve you directly or things that you witness ✅ If you want to disclose your identity, you can We encourage everyone to check out Spot now so you know where to go if something happens. To access Spot, use this link: https://talktospot.com/usquadball
READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in US Quadball Inc. athletic sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. In consideration of participating in the sport of quadball, I represent that I understand the nature of this Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I acknowledge that if I believe event conditions are unsafe, I will immediately discontinue participating in the Activity; and,
2. The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) from the Activities involved in this program are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
5. I fully understand that this Activity involve risks of serious bodily injury, Including permanent disability, paralysis and death, which may be caused by my own actions, inactions, those of others participating in the event, the conditions in which the event takes place, or the negligence of the “releases” named below; and that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity; and,
6. I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue US Quadball Inc., its respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each consider done of the “RELEASES” herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or the “releases” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability, and assumption of risk I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releases from any loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
I grant US Quadball, Inc. (“USQ”) permission to:
• Use my name (or any fictional name associated with me), image, likeness, voice, biographical material, and quotations in connection any USQ media, publications and marketing materials;
• Record, film and/or photograph my participation and appearance at any USQ events and activities;
• Reproduce, transmit, broadcast, distribute, modify, publicly display and/or publicly perform, in print, electronic or any other medium, copies of any such recordings/films/photographs, including but not limited to advertisements, brochures, online videos, website images, television broadcasts and publications.
I forever release USQ from any and all claims and liability arising out of the use of such recordings and the use of my name/likeness in any manner or media whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims for defamation, invasion of privacy, and/or rights of publicity.